In honor of this weekend’s release of Terminator: Salvation, enjoy this roundup of terminator themed posts stretching back to the early days of the site:
- “I’ll Be Back”: The Terminator Monster Ballad
- I Will Always Have Been Back: Toward a Grand Unified Theory of Schwarzenegger
- Bedknobs, Broomsticks, and Terminators: James Cameron’s Inspiration?
- Unpacking Christian Bale’s Armband: The Resistance Logo from Terminator Salvation
- NY ComicCon Day 2: Terminator Salvation and McG
- Halloween Conclusion: We Need a Terminator Awareness Campaign
- The Terminator Prequel
- Memo to Skynet
- Overthinking It Dot Com with Me If You Want to Live
- A Brief History of Terminators
- The Pump Action Shotgun: The Sound and the Fury
- Research, New York Times, Research!
- Fictional Fictions
That’s quite a lot. And I am sure there will be more…
I just saw it. Gonna see _Star Trek_ tomorrow.
Get ready for the podcast…Wrather, Fenzel and I just spent a solid hour ripping Terminator to shreds. It makes me sad. I need to see T1 and T2 again to get the taste of T4 out of my mouth.
I just realized the image that appears at the top of the homepage for this article in the “featured content” box thingy is of one of the, uh, shall we say not so strong moments in the movie, even though the picture, out of context, looks totally awesome. It’s the part where John hides behind the corner and the one inept guard (meaning the machine in the shot) totally misses him and the blaringly white cord he left hanging there.