Mark Lee and Peter Fenzel overthink a big show they are both watching: the assembly of a single, notional, 360 degree virtual reality Taylor Swift show happening everywhere at once and in all possible times.
As Instagram stories from friends and celebrities alike from various stops along the Eras Tour coalesce into a presentation with coherent and singular characteristics, Mark and Pete discuss the cognitive mechanisms that make it seem to take on a life of its own, as well as one view of the social media history and emergent dynamics leading this event to be experienced in this way.
- Overthinking It Episode 106: 4channic Discourse
- Mark’s tweet about a unicorn
- Mark’s tweet about a Sound of Music video game
- Racecraft: The Soul of Inequality in American Life, by Karen and Barbara Fields
- Namárië: Altariello nainië Lóriendessë, or Farewell: Galadriel’s Lament in Lorien, performed in the original Quenya by Miriam Peirone