Support Overthinking It by becoming a member for $5/month!
Peter Fenzel, Mark Lee, and Matthew Wrather are struck by South Korea’s President Yoon performing a karaoke “American Pie” during his state visit to the United States, and overthink the song, it’s much-parsed but frustratingly elusive lyrics, and why a leader might choose to bust it out on the world stage.
Subscribe: iTunes Other Apps
- “American Pie”: Wikipedia, Genius.com
- “Tyson Fury sings ‘American Pie’ after beating Deontay Wilder during postfight interview” (YouTube)
- Poems: “The Second Coming” and “England in 1819”
- “50 Years After Hitting No. 1, The Meaning of ‘American Pie’ Then and Now” (American Songwriter)
- “Grammys flashback: Has Marc Cohn’s Best New Artist win over Boyz II Men and Seal aged well?” (Gold Derby)
Add a Comment