Check out the 2019 Overthinking It Holiday Gift Guide!
Matthew Belinkie, Peter Fenzel, Mark Lee, and Matthew Wrather can’t pull together a proper listener feedback episode, but they answer three listener questions from the podcast:
- What are two books you would each recommend, that shaped your worldview and expanded your knowledge?
- What is the worst piece of media, any type, that you guys have watched/played/read, etc. this year? And did you love it anyways?
- What is your “moonshot”?
Subscribe: iTunes Other Apps
- Our Book Picks
- Snow Dog by Jim Kjelgaard
- The Years of Lyndon Johnson by Robert Caro
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- A Dictionary of Modern English Usage by H.W. Fowler
- The King James Bible or The Picture Bible
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Guys and Dolls and Other Writings by Damon Runyon
- Lindsay Ellis on YouTube
I cannot thank you enough for taking my question. Thanks so much. I’m biased here, but its my favourite OverthinkingIt episode. It has always felt like my friends on the internet, but this time, it felt much more real, much more personal. I can’t wait to dive into all your recommendations. The links in the show notes are very helpful.
I hope you enjoyed answering it as much I did listening. I hope you do it more often. Thanks again.
Wonderfully entertaining answers. Thank you very much for taking these listener questions!
You know, I had another look at Garner and it’s not bad.
Heh. I forgot that I rambled for so long about the Apollo program, but episodes like this (more for the wide-ranging discussion) are always nice.