Matt and Ryan conclude this edition of Total Request Taped with a consideration of two pop music “failures,” Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP and Lana Del Rey’s Born to Die.[audio:http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/archive.org/download/tft090/tft090.mp3]
→ Download TFT Episode 90 (MP3)
Subscribe to the TFT Podcast
TFT Podcast on iTunes
TFT Podcast RSS Feed
(203) 285-6401 call/text
TFT Podcast on Facebook
The topic comes from @DentalFaust in this tweet
- Beyoncé’s Beyoncé reviewed on Pitchfork
- Lana Del Rey official site
- Born To Die reviewed on Pitchform
- Other Bad Reviews on Pitchfork
- Jet: Shine On
- Black Kids: Partie Traumatic (after this review of their ep made the band blow up)
- Critical Reception
- Justice: Cross on Wikipedia
- Blood Sugar Sex Artpop
- Artpop Is The Orb That Lives in Your Crotch
- Do What U Want to My Body of Work
- Time traveling Lorde in her Buzz Stealing Tardis
Knowing how often I disagree with you I kind of predicted that you’d feel this way. I listen to Born to Die on a regular basis. For me, it’s only the last few tracks that don’t work. You used to speak about how you weren’t exactly the target demographic of Gossip Girl. I wonder if the same couldn’t be said for Born to Die and Artpop.
Male post-hipsters with advanced degrees on the cusp of middle age?
It should have been “Ready To Die” VS “Born To Die”. THAT’s a matchup.