Episode 258: Superman during The Purge
Peter Fenzel, Mark Lee, and Matthew Wrather discuss fictional dystopian surveillance states, recourse to works of fiction in political discourse, PRISM, and The Purge.
Spoilers for George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four.
→ Download Episode 258 (MP3)
Want new episodes of the Overthinking It Podcast to download automatically? Subscribe in iTunes! (Or grab the podcast RSS feed directly.)
Tell us what you think! Leave a comment, use the contact form, email us or call (203) 285-6401 to leave a voicemail.
Alternative Titltes for This Episode
- It’s Watchmen All The Way Down
- TCP/IP Werewolf Communications
- The Surveillance State that Makes Us Buy Cereal
- Big Wrather is Watching
- In The 24th Century, Nobody Hates Each Other Because Everybody Hates Each Other
- I Just Purged All Over Myself