Join the Overthinking It Discord!
Peter Fenzel, Mark Lee, and Matthew Wrather spend a moment remembering Norm Macdonald and reflecting on his unique style. Then they dive in to overthink the new, new list of the greatest 500 songs of all time from Rolling Stone. They do a full Infinity War take on it: From “Where is the 500 greatest songs?” to “Who is the 500 greatest songs?” and ending with, “Why is the 500 greatest songs?” They spend some time thinking about the coherence, integrity, and methodology of the list; think a while about the difference between the best, greatest, and most favorite songs; and end up in the realm of post-structuralist philosophy, because of course they do.
Subscribe: iTunes Other Apps
- “Conan Talks About Norm Macdonald” (podcast)
- Bob Saget’s Here For You: “Remembering Norm” (YouTube)
- The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Who Voted for the 500 Greatest Songs?
- “The Hubbert Peak Theory of Rock, or, Why We’re All Out of Good Songs” (Mark Lee)
- Jean Baudrillard
Add a Comment