Open this Thread to 135 degrees for improved ergonomic support.
- In the fallout of the Anthony Weiner scandal, rumors have emerged of Alec Baldwin running for Mayor of New York in 2013
- Beyonce’s newest album was leaked online this week. Is that even news anymore? “Twentieth century methods of distributing media compromised by twenty-first century technology; Channel 4 has the latest.”
- Apple made a string of announcements this week: iOS5 for its mobile devices, iCloud for online file-sharing and the new OS X iteration, Lion.
- Big news for gamers at E3 from all of the major players: some XBox Kinect demos, the WiiU and the Playstation Vita.
- And finally, J.J. Abrams’ Super 8 opens in theaters this weekend. Critics seem to like it.
Comment of the Week: this week’s top prize goes to “Acez13” for his riff on Lee’s suggestion on the last podcast that Calvin and Hobbes be rebooted in the highly wired 21st century to experiment with the notion that Calvin could have such a vivid imagination and spend so much time playing outside in our hyper-wired modern society:
Cavlin and Hobbes 21st century reboot: Calvin and Jobs, Calvin has iMaginary friends.
Congratulations, Acez13! You win an iMaginary iPad! Just be careful where you make your multitouch swiping gestures.
Could Alec Baldwin and Beyonce defeat an escaped government project* in 1979 using motion-capture video game controllers? Or is there something we missed? Sound off in the comments, for this is your … Open Thread.
* guessing that’s what it is; don’t blame me for spoiling it if this turns out to be right.