The authors of Freakonomics posted on their NY Times Blog an invitation for readers to submit a six word motto for the US. Being industrious, the crew of Overthinking It individually submitted some suggestions, which were denied (!) by whoever moderates the comments over there. Here’s the list:
- Vote? Now our slaves can dunk!
- <Pacific Coast Highway></New Jersey Turnpike>
- A free country, but not cheap.
- Supermanning that ho since Chris Columbus
- Visit the Yucatan, then turn right
- From small pox to big macs
- We abstain from nothing but sex
- Ooh baby I like it raw.
- Liberty, apple pie, gun, gun, gun.
- Four words: “Canada: the Director’s Cut”
- Ooh baby I like it raaaaaw.
- (or, to paraphrase Fenzel) A Rambo nation with Rocky dreams.
- Still crazy after all these years.
Leave your own six word motto in the comments.