Ben Adams, Shana Mlawski, and Matthew Wrather watch and discuss the 1972 film adaptation of Slaughterhouse-Five, directed by George Roy Hill and starring Michael Sacks. (Looks like there may be another adaptation on the way.)[audio:http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/archive.org/download/oti-book-club-slaughterhosue-five-6/oti-book-club-slaughterhosue-five-6.mp3]
Discuss this Section
We’re holding the discussion in the Overthinking It Forums—head over there and join the discussion.
Get the Book Club Podcast
Subscribe to download new episodes of the Overthinking It Book Club automatically.
The Overthinking It Book Club
The Overthinking It Book Club began in 2013 with a six-week discussion of Ender’s Game. For 2014, we’re reading Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five, with weekly podcasts featuring a rotating panel of Overthinkers discussing the book and group discussion in the Overthinking It Forums. You’ll get the most out of the club if you read these sections by these dates:
- Week 1 (July 23, 2014): Chapters 1 and 2
- Week 2 (July 30, 2014): Chapters 3 and 4
- Week 3 (August 6, 2014): Chapter 5
- Week 4 (August 13, 2014): Chapters 6, 7, 8
- Week 5 (August 20, 2014): Chapters 9 and 10
- Week 6 (August 27, 2014): The film adaptation