Ryan Sheely and Matthew Wrather return to Friday Night Lights, discussing season 1 episodes 5 through 7 and focusing on conflicts between the social and the moral and normative order, the extreme variability of social capital, the tension between authenticity and artifice in the visual style of the show, the ethnography of the pep rally, drilling Tyra for oil, access to capital, and competing social orders and uses of violence.
- Laura Mulvey and the Male Gaze
- No Country for Old Men the film
- No Country for Old Men the book
- There Will Be Blood
- The Mystery of Capital: Why Capitalism Triumphs in the West and Fails Everywhere Else by Hernando De Soto
- Max Weber
- Vicent Ostrom and the compound republic
Reactions to the show? Email us or call/text (203) 285-6401.
Please like the new TFT Podcast Facebook Page. We like you.